This book deals with the following subjects:
• Emotional abuse and gaslighting
• Sexual assault of a secondary character, and the resulting pregnancy and abortion
• Heroine’s mother’s battle with — and eventual death from — breast cancer
• Another secondary character’s unplanned pregnancy, including some of the baby’s birth
• Pregnancy and birth scenes in bonus epilogue
• Harry Potter references
• Sexually explicit content, including some light bondage
If you feel that these would be difficult subjects for you to read about, please tread with caution and stop if it gets too painful for you. I would hate for this story to cause anyone pain.
If you or someone you know struggle with any of the subjects mentioned above, there is help available for you. Here are just some of the many places you can go for support.
Crisis Text Line (For All Issues)
Text HOME to 741741
Learn more about the text line or apply to volunteer at www.crisistextline.org.
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline
National Domestic Abuse Hotline
RAINN (Rape, Abuse, and Incest National Network)
National Breast Cancer Foundation