This book deals with the following subjects:
• Stalking and harassment
• Sexual assault and date rape/roofies (both female AND male)
• Mental health struggles
• Mentions of past suicide attempts
• Mentions of past murder of loved one
• Pregnancy, including a traumatic labor scene that ends with an emergency C-section (the C-section itself is very glossed-over)
• Gun violence
• Discussion about the hero’s ex-girlfriend cheating on him before the start of the story
• Harry Potter references
• Sexually explicit content
Also please note that this is the third book of a trilogy, and the first book depicted a relationship between a seventeen-year-old student and her twenty-three-year-old teacher. The beginning of the relationship is discussed in this book.
If you or someone you know struggle with any of the subjects mentioned above, there is help available for you. Here are just some of the many places you can go for support.
Crisis Text Line (For All Issues)
Text HOME to 741741
Learn more about the text line or apply to volunteer at www.crisistextline.org.
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline
Stalking Prevention, Awareness, and Resource Center
National Domestic Abuse Hotline
RAINN (Rape, Abuse, and Incest National Network)
Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration