This book deals with the following:
• Teenage bullying
• A secondary character’s battle with - and subsequent death from - brain cancer
• The heroine’s boyfriend going missing and ultimately turning up dead
• Discussion about the hero’s best friend committing suicide before the start of the story
• Discussion about the hero’s ex-girlfriend cheating on him before the start of the story
• Alcoholism in the heroine’s father
• Heroine dating one person while pretending to date another (the hero IS aware of this and approves because it’s purely for show)
• Harry Potter references
Please also note that this is a story about a seventeen-year-old student and her twenty-three-year-old teacher and contains on-the-page sex scenes (this does NOT happen until after the hero is no longer teaching at the heroine’s school). This book DOES fall within the consent laws in the state in which it’s set.
If you feel that these subjects would be difficult for you to read about, please tread with caution and stop if it gets too painful for you. I would hate for this book to cause anyone pain.
If you or someone you know struggle with any of the subjects listed above, there is help available for you. Here are just some of the many places you can go for support.
Crisis Text Line (For All Issues)
Text HOME to 741741
Learn more about the text line or apply to volunteer at www.crisistextline.org.
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline
National Center for Missing and Exploited Children
Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration