This book deals with the following subjects:
• Sexual assault and date rape/roofies (both female AND male)
• Mental health struggles
• Mention of past suicide attempt
• Mention of past murder of loved one
• Stalking and harassment
• Gun violence
• Pregnancy, including a traumatic labor scene that ends in an emergency C-section (the C-section itself is not shown)
• Discussion about the hero’s ex-girlfriend cheating on him before the start of the story
• Harry Potter references
• Sexually explicit content
Also please note that this is the third book of a trilogy, and the first book showed a relationship between a seventeen-year-old student and her twenty-three-year-old teacher. The beginnings of their relationship are mentioned in this book.
If you feel that these may be difficult subjects for you to read about, please tread with caution and stop if it gets too painful for you. I would hate for this story to cause anyone pain.
If you or someone you know struggle with any of the subjects mentioned above, there is help available for you. Here are just some of the many places you can go for support.
Crisis Text Line (For All Issues)
Text HOME to 741741
Learn more about the text line or apply to volunteer at www.crisistextline.org.
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline
Stalking Prevention, Awareness, and Resource Center
National Domestic Abuse Hotline
RAINN (Rape, Abuse, and Incest National Network)
Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration