This book deals with the the following issues:
• Death of the heroine’s mother from breast cancer
• Stalking and harassment
• Secondary character’s struggle with domestic abuse and miscarriage
• Sexual assault
• Car accident (car totaled, but no serious injuries)
• Discussion about the hero’s ex-girlfriend cheating on him before the start of the story
• Harry Potter references
• Sexually explicit content
Also please note that this is the second book of a trilogy, and the first book showed a relationship between a seventeen-year-old student and her twenty-three-year-old teacher. The beginnings of their relationship are mentioned in this book.
If you feel that these may be difficult subjects for you to read about, please tread with caution and stop if it gets too painful for you. I would hate for this story to cause anyone pain.
If you or someone you know struggle with any of the subjects mentioned above, there is help available for you. Here are just some of the many places you can go for support.
Crisis Text Line (For All Issues)
Text HOME to 741741
Learn more about the text line or apply to volunteer at www.crisistextline.org.
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline
Stalking Prevention, Awareness, and Resource Center
National Domestic Abuse Hotline
RAINN (Rape, Abuse, and Incest National Network)